What are the Legal Guidelines for Pastors, Churches, Church Leaders and Para-Church groups?
Pastors… you CAN:
- Preach, Pray & Partner with other Pastors on moral issues impacting culture
- Encourage & Educate civic involvement (Register, vote, etc.)
- Distribute Voter Guides & Educational Materials (See our Resources)
- Endorse, Contribute, Fundraise, Campaign for candidate as Pastor/Citizen
- Pastor can even list his Church and Title but needs to include “*for the purpose of identification"
- Support/Oppose candidates or appointments (as individual and not as church).
What CAN the CHURCH do?
- Conduct debates, candidate/issue forums (invite BOTH sides)
- Invite Candidates to preach, speak, teach (NOT on the candidates own campaign)
- Lobby (Cannot exceed more than 5-15% of “overall operation”)
CHURCHES SHOULD NOT
- Support Candidate as Church by…
- Endorse (Bulletin, distribute candidates material), campaign, fundraise,
- Contribute money/equipment, to candidate or party or PAC,
- Lobby more than 5-15% of “overall operation”
SEND MEMBERSHIP LIST TO: firstname.lastname@example.org